This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our隐私政策。
With a candied walnut-date topping and tops that rise high and rounded, these one-bowl banana muffins are easy and always a hit!
“太密集”、“平”,“太湿”,“太干”、“too bland”, “too ugly”, too muffin-toppy” – these were some of the descriptions for my first, second, third and, yes, fourth attempts at these banana muffins. But I think they’re just right now and hope you will too!
Sometimes I get an idea in my brain (some might call it an obsession) and I can’t be satisfied until I conquer it. This time it was for banana muffins with dates and walnuts. It sounded hearty and “fall-ish” to me and I didn’t waste any time getting to work.
我的第一次尝试是一个超级健康的版本，没有脂肪，只是希腊酸奶和香蕉湿润。他们在温暖时没有太糟糕 - 但在他们冷却后，不那么多。松饼致密，干燥，甚至孙子孙女也在早餐桌旁。良好的描述可能是“香蕉味的潮湿纸板”。
第二次，松饼很美味，但是没有吸引力;像平的小冰球冰球。我的儿子和媳妇一直在与我们一起待在我们第一次批次，并同意我需要用食谱返回绘图板。当我分享电话时，新的松饼很棒 - 但我的媳妇说：“他们看起来不好”。然后她看到了他们并同意他们永远不会把它拍到照片拍摄。
And on and on it went for several more batches. With the first few batches, I added the dates to the batter but, in the end, decided the muffins came out lighter and rose better when the dates were combined with chopped walnuts, a pinch of sea salt and a splash of maple syrup and sprinkled over the tops just before baking.
Finally! In round five, I peeked in the oven, after 15 minutes of baking time, and saw exactly what I was hoping for. Beautiful, round-topped, golden muffins with a shiny, candied walnut-date topping. And when I took the first bite, I knew we finally had a winner! I think they’ll be a keeper recipe for you too!
Café Tips for making these Walnut Date Banana Muffins
- Be sure to use really ripe, even over-ripe bananas for these banana muffins. As bananas ripen, their starch is converted to sugar, giving a natural sweetness to baked products. If your bananas are not ripe with lots of brown sugar spots, you can speed up the process a bit by placing them in a brown paper bag with an apple or one ripe banana. You can also ripen peeled bananas by placing them in the microwave for 30-40 seconds, or until you hear a slight sizzle.
- Another trick for mashing ripe bananas is to slip them in a ziplock bag. Seal the top, then squeeze until well mashed. Cut a corner off of the bag and squeeze the mashed bananas into your mixing bowl.
- Use a good quality, heavy gauge muffin, pan for best results. Heavy gauge pans are good conductors of heat and will help your muffins bake more evenly. ThisOXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Muffin Pan被美国测试厨房的最佳松饼泛等被评为最佳的松饼。它是一个带有不粘涂层和纹理表面的平底锅的美容，在烘烤时，在松饼的边缘周围提供良好的气流。
- These muffins freeze well. I like to freeze them on a plate or pan, uncovered for about an hour. Once they are fairly well frozen, you can just toss them in a ziplock bag or airtight storage container and pull out one, two (or more) when you want to enjoy them.
- 1½.杯子sall-purpose flour
- ½杯子granulated sugar
- 1½.teaspoonbaking powder
- 3GydF4y2Bamedium-size ripe bananas11/4.-11/2杯子s
- 1GydF4y2Balarge egg
- 6.tablespoonsmelted butterdivided
- 1GydF4y2Bateaspoonvanilla extract
- ½杯子chopped dates
- 1GydF4y2Batablespoonmaple syrup or honey
Preheat oven to 425˚F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray - set aside.
Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and stir well with a fork to combine.
Remove 1 tablespoon of butter to a medium-size bowl or cup and set aside.
Make a deep well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add mashed bananas, egg, the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter and vanilla to the well and stir with a fork in the center of the bowl, breaking up the egg yolk and mixing the wet ingredients.
Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon stir wet and dry ingredients together until the flour mixture is incorporated. Don’t overmix.
Divide batter into prepared pan. Muffin cups should be about 2/3 full.
Bake muffins for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350˚F. and continue baking for another 12-15 minutes or until tops are golden and muffin tops spring back when touched lightly on the top.
Cool muffins for 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a cooling rack.
See Café Tips for more detailed instructions and tips.
P.S. If you’re looking for a healthy banana muffin, with no refined sugar, theseHealthy Banana Bran Muffins也很棒。
咖啡馆Sucre Farine是亚马逊联盟计划的参与者。亚马逊联盟计划旨在通过广告和与亚马逊产品联系起来，为网站提供赚取广告费用的手段。您作为消费者支付的价格不会改变，但如果您通过我们的链接之一进行购买，我们会收到一个小佣金 - 我们继续向您提供美味的食谱！