With a delicious Mexican-inspired dry rub, melting garlic lime butter and a few easy grilling tricks this recipe for perfectly grilled steak is sure to become a favorite!
Although we don’t eat a lot of red meat, a perfectly grilled steak, every now and then, is a HUGE treat! But we’re kind of particular; no pale, wimpy-looking steaks will pass muster, here at The Café. To us, a perfectly grilled steak has a flavorful, deep golden brown, slightly charred exterior. The interior has to be juicy, pink and super tender. And if you add a little mound of compound butter, bursting with bright flavor… Let’s just say it’s “over the moon” in our book!
I love to serve it with myFresh Corn Saladalthough this last time, I made a Fresh Corn Gratin that was also wonderful (the family all deemed this one “blog worthy”, so the recipe will be coming up!)
A steak is a steak?
Nope, not true. Although a simple steak, grilled with just salt and pepper can be great, this recipe is so full of wonderful flavor, it takes “grilled steak” over the top. So what’s so special about this steak? Actually, there are several things:
- The Rub: a delicious, Mexican-inspired spice rub made with paprika, Ancho chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic salt and fresh ground pepper. The combination is a perfect pairing for grilled beef.
- Garlic Lime Butter: a little mound of garlic lime butter (a simple combination of soft butter, minced garlic and lime zest) added after grilling. It’s thepièce de résistance! This takes an already delicious steak to a whole other level!
- A few easy tricks：第一个技巧有点非正统，谈到牛排烤“规则”。大多数用于烧烤牛排的方向，以便将牛排带到室温的步骤。在经典的烤牛排配方中，这是通过让牛排从冰箱中占用至少30分钟来实现的。这个食谱，适合烤牛排，拨打恰恰相反。当烤架加热时，经验丰富的牛排实际上放在冰箱里30分钟。这又冷却了牛排，使外部有机会在没有超越内部的情况下获得那种美丽的金色。另一个“技巧”更普遍接受;烧烤后热烧烤和休息时间。
I’ve tried this recipe with several cuts of beef and all have turned out delicious. Sirloin, ribeye, New York Strip and Flat Iron steaks have all turned out fantastic! I love that whatever my budget is, this Perfectly Grilled Steak recipe works!
Café Tips for making this Perfectly Grilled Steak with Garlic Lime Butter
- Choose steaks withsomefat marbling, but not riddled with fat throughout.
- Begin with clean grill grates. Astiff wire brushis best. Cleaning your grill makes it easier to flip and remove the steaks. It also helps to not impart flavors from previous grilled meals.
- Prepare a nicehotgrill. To achieve a nice golden exterior you need to heat your grill to high. The heat helps avoid sticking to the grates and promotes the perfect sear. Voila! That coveted, deep golden delicious exterior!
- Both the rub and the garlic lime butter for this recipe can be made up to a week in advance. If making the butter more than a day ahead, pop it in the freezer until a few hours before dinner.
- Don’t be afraid to coat the steak liberally with the rub. It’s delicious, but not too spicy.
- Ancho chili powder is simply ancho chilis that have been ground up. It can be found at most larger grocery store in the spice section. You can also make your own by grinding up ancho chilis. If you can’t find it and don’t want to make your own, chipotle chili powder is a good sub.Ancho chile powdercan also be ordered online.
- This recipe calls for four steaks, 8-10 ounces each. After grilling, slice the steaks and divide into portions. This will easily feed six people. If you want each person to have their own steak, obviously it will only serve 4.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review! It’s so helpful to other readers to hear other’s results and ideas for variations.
- 1medium clove garlicfinely minced
- 2茶匙sfinely grated lime zestfrom 1 medium lime
- 2tablespoonslight brown sugar
- 1tablespoonancho chile powder
- 2茶匙sgarlic salt
- 1茶匙freshly ground black pepper
- 1茶匙ground coriander
- 1茶匙ground cumin
- 2tablespoonsolive oilplus more for the grill
- 4 1 1/4-inch-thick boneless rib-eyeNew York strip or sirloin steaks (6-8 ounces each)
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Coat steak with the dry rub on all sides. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoons oil to help rub adhere. Place steak in the freezer for 30 minutes while preparing the grill.
Prepare a grill to high heat; oil grill grates.
See Café Tips above for more detailed instructions and tips.
咖啡馆苏克雷法克is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. The Amazon Affiliate Program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but if you make a purchase through one of our links, we receive a small commission – and we continue delivering delicious recipes to you!