This delicious chicken sheet pan dinner is a super easy meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights but delicious and pretty enough to serve for a dinner party!
I can’t decide if I’m getting lazier or smarter as I’m aging, especially in a culinary sense. More and more, I’m loving coming up with easy dinners, desserts, appetizers and snacks that come together easily and don’t require a lot of hands-on time. This Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner recipe is a perfect example of what I’m talking about. It takes minimal effort yet produces spectacularly delicious results.
It will take around 15 minutes to put this dinner together. How does it work? So easy, simply combine olive oil, garlic, smoked paprika, dry oregano, cumin, coriander and finely chopped cilantro in a large bowl. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives, chicken and bread cubes and give everything a good stir. Turn the whole works out onto a sheet pan and you’re good to go!
Ready for the oven.
接下来是魔法。将平底锅放在热（450˚F）烤箱中，并在大约15分钟内再次进行精彩的转变。yaboPT电子When you open the oven door you’ll be greeted by a beautiful, delicious dinner with tender, perfectly spiced chicken, golden brown, crispy chickpeas, vibrant tomatoes, bursting with sweet juice and shiny, warm Kalamata olives that add a wonderful explosion of saltiness with each bite.
Ready for your dining pleasure!
What kind of chicken should I use for this recipe?
This recipe calls for chicken thighs. After favoring chicken breasts for many years, I have recently come to really appreciate and love chicken thighs. Why? First and foremost, they don’t dry out or get tough like chicken breasts often do. With chicken thighs, you don’t have to worry about overcooking the meat. In recipes like this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken, that’s a great benefit as you can let the bread get crispy and golden without concern that the chicken will dry out.
Chicken thighs are less expensive than chicken breasts so if you’re on a budget, that’s another benefit. And lastly, they have fantastic flavor, tasting very similar to the breasts but juicier. I served this sheet pan chicken dinner to a friend and she asked if it was a gourmet cut of chicken breast. All the way around, chicken thighs are a win!
That being said, I did test this recipe with chicken breasts knowing that some of you may not be ready to take the leap to thighs. It works but I found it best to cut the chicken fairly thin and to bury it underneath the tomatoes and chickpeas to ensure tenderness rather than exposing it to the heat.
If this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken seems slightly familiar to you, you’re very astute! I actually adapted it from an old Café recipe, thisMediterranean Roasted Chicken Breasts（改编自Epicurious). I had forgotten about it until a reader wrote sharing how much she loved the recipe and served it frequently for dinner parties.
I hadn’t made it for years (as I’m always onto something new) but re-visited thr post after receiving the email. After reading through the recipe I decided it could be simplified without losing flavor and/or presentation appeal. My sister, Annie was visiting and suggested the addition of sourdough bread. I love the new rendition and so has everyone who’s tasted it! I think you will too!
Café Tips for making this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- This recipe calls for a 450˚F oven which is very hot. You’ll want a nice sturdy sheet pan. A thin or flimsy pan will tend to warp in the high heat. I really like thisOXO Good Grips non-stick sheet pan。全部OXO Good Grips bakeware pans由重型镀铝钢制成，甚至有助于烘烤。如果您需要一个享受烘焙的人的母亲节或生日礼物的想法，这将是保持给予的礼物（谁知道？您甚至可能是其中一些美味的赠品的收件人......）
- Don’t like chickpeas? This dish is also delicious with cannellini beans. Or you could skip the beans all together and just use more tomatoes.
- An important part of the flavor profile in this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken is smoked paprika. Smoked paprika is very different from regular paprika. It’s a Spanish specialty made from pimento peppers that are smoked over an oak fire then ground into a fine powder. Smoked paprika has a smoky, complex flavor that adds amazing flavor to this dish. I really like this脑内熏辣椒粉。I discovered it years ago while traveling in France and was thrilled to find it on Amazon (cheaper than France!). This one is smokey but also slightly sweet. Some smoked paprikas have a little more heat.
- 这个食谱要求3杯³酵母bread. Look for a nice rustic loaf. You’ll use about ⅓-½ of it and can use the rest for sandwiches or toast but it can be popped in the freezer for the next time you make this Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken.
- If you can’t find sourdough or just don’t like it, any rustic bread will work in this recipe. I’ve used myRidiculously Easy Focaccia Bread有美味的结果。
- Don’t like cilantro? I know there are some that have an aversion to cilantro. I’d suggest you try it in this dish. When cilantro is cooked it has a totally different flavor profile. You could just skip the fresh cilantro garnish. Another idea is to use basil in place of the cilantro. It will also be delicious!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review! It’s so helpful to other readers to hear other’s results and ideas for variations.
This delicious Mediterranean Sheet Pan Chicken dinner is a super easy meal that's perfect for busy weeknights; but delicious and pretty enough to serve for a dinner party!
- ⅓cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 5finely minced garlic cloves
- 1汤匙smoked paprika
- 1 ½teaspoonoregano
- 1teaspoonground cumin
- 1teaspoonground coriander
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- ⅓cupfinely chopped cilantro
- 1 ½-2poundsboneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-215-ounce cans garbanzo beans鹰嘴豆，排水良好
- 3cups酵母面包cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes
- ½cupcrumbled Feta cheese
- 香菜叶或切碎的香菜for garnish
- 1medium size lemonwashed, halved and thinly sliced - optional
Preheat oven to 450°. Line a sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup.
Transfer mixture to prepared pan and spread out to an even layer, exposing the chicken thighs. Sprinkle the thighs with freshly ground black pepper. (At this point, you can cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 8 hours, then proceed as directed below.)
Bake in preheated oven until chicken is cooked through and bread is crisp about 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with Feta and tent with foil for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken mixture to bowls. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and more Feta if desired. Garnish lemon slices if desired. Serve and enjoy!
阿玛斯咖啡馆Sucre Farine——是一个参与者on Affiliate Program. The Amazon Affiliate Program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but if you make a purchase through one of our links, we receive a small commission – and we continue delivering delicious recipes to you!