This fabulous Instant Pot (or oven) Pasta and Beef Soup is a throw-it-all in-the-pot soup that’s loaded with tender chunks of beef and lots of healthy veggies!
I just finished cooking the oven version of this Pasta and Beef Soup and the house is filled with the most delicious aroma. Outside, it’s snowing huge fluffy flakes and, from up on our mountain perch, I feel like we’re in the center of a beautiful snow globe. The temperature is supposed to plummet as the day goes on and the roads are predicted to become slick and icy. But you know what? I don’t really care. It’s fun to be tucked inside on a cold winter day, especially with a big pot of this wonderful pasta and beef soup!
A few magic tricks required
Both the instant pot and oven versions of this beef soup are easy, throw-it-all-in-the-pot recipes and require no browning of the beef or sauteing of the aromatics (onions, garlic, peppers, etc). Browning beef and sauteing aromatics are both steps that add lots of flavor to soups, stews, chilies, etc., so it’s important to add flavor in other ways when omitting these classic cooking processes.
在这个意大利面和牛肉汤,有很多little tricks I employ to create such delicious flavor and beautiful color that you won’t miss the flavor that comes with the extra trouble of browning and sauteing. Here’s a rundown of what I call, flavor boosters included in this soup:
- Purchased pesto. Pesto adds the amazing flavor with just a scoop from a jar. Pesto includes basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and olive oil. Check out tips for buying (and storing) pesto below.
- Worcestershire sauce. This condiment is a magical combination of ingredients that can add tons of flavor to soups and stews.
- Mild paprika. Mild paprika is, like it says, mild in flavor. I add it more for the richness of color it helps bring to this beef soup. After all, we do eat with our eyes before the food ever gets to our mouths, right?
- 意大利调味料。I love Italian seasoning as it combines a wonderful array of herbs in one jar. Italian seasoning generally includes basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. The exact quantities of each vary by brand. It definitely doesn’t have to be limited to Italian cuisine. We go through a lot of it here at The Café since it’s a wonderful flavor booster.
- Tomato paste. This beef soup recipe includes a can of tomato paste which adds rich, smooth flavor and adds to the rich hue as well.
- 这个牛肉汤中包含的洋葱和甜椒非常小。作为汤厨师，小切片的洋葱和胡椒“熔化”进入肉汤，帮助创造出更加神奇的味道。我用我的Vidalia Chop巫师to chop these veggies into a nice small dice, lickety-split. It’s one of my favorite, and simplest, kitchen tools.
Well, I’m going to call Scott for lunch and serve him a bowl of this wonderful beef soup that’s been calling my name ever since I started writing this post. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Café Tips for making this Instant Pot (or oven) Pasta and Beef Soup
- I like to purchase stew beef at Sam’s or Costco. It’s nice and lean and very reasonably priced. The packages are usually around 4 pounds. I divide it in two when I get home and freeze the meat in approximately 2-pound parcels. 2 pounds is a perfect amount for most stew and soup recipes, like this意大利蔬菜牛肉汤或者这友好Beef Bourginoun Soup。
- Don’t cut the carrots too small for this soup. If cut too small, they’ll get mushy by the time the beef is cooked. I like to cut mine in approximately 1/2-inch slices
- Israeli couscous is also called pearl pasta. You can purchase it at most larger grocers, but it’s often found near the rice or regular couscous rather than with the pasta. If your grocery has a kosher section, you’ll be sure to find it there. Trader Joes also carries it and它在线提供。
- The Israeli couscous (pasta) is cooked separately in this recipe as it will absorb too much of the broth if cooked right in the soup. It cooks quickly though and can be done during the last minutes before the soup is finished.
- Sometimes this soup will get a little thick after it sits in the refrigerator as the pasta will absorb some of the broth. You can always add more beef broth to thin it out.
- I love thisChiquilin Spanish Mild Paprika。几年前在法国在法国旅行时，我第一次发现它，在我跑出来时，在亚马逊上令人兴奋地找到它。
- Fresh basil can be purchased at most larger grocery stores in the produce department. One of the little packs is about 1/4 cup of finely chopped basil which is how much is needed for this beef soup. If you’re looking for a wonderful buy, Trader Joes sells a huge pack of fresh basil for $2.99, year round.
- 我喜欢为这个面食提供服务，牛肉汤配有漂亮的帕尔马干酪和一条温暖的露水Ridiculously Easy Seeded Focaccia Bread– delish!
这个神话般的瞬间锅（或烤箱）面食和牛肉汤是一扇抛出 - 所有罐装汤，装满了肉类牛肉和很多健康的蔬菜！
- 3GydF4y2Ba杯low sodium beef broth
- 1 11-盎司bottle or can of dark alesee notes above
- 1tablespoonWorcestershire sauce
- 1大甜洋葱diced small
- 1large yellow bell pepperdiced small
- 1磅carrotssliced about 1/4-1/2-inch thick
- 1large bay leaf
- 1tablespoonbrown sugar
- 2茶匙smild paprika
- 2 ½茶匙s犹太盐
- ½茶匙freshly ground black pepper
- ¼cupfresh basil
结合除新鲜罗勒和以色列蒸丸子外的所有成分。将盖子放在即时锅上，确保通风口喷嘴处于非通风位置，设置为“压力烹饪 - 高”并设置计时器20分钟。允许蒸汽通风10分钟，然后使用顶部手动释放蒸汽。当压力完全释放时，取下盖子。
While the soup is cooking in the instant pot, bring a medium-size pot of salted water to a boil. Add Israeli couscous and cook for 8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain well and add to soup when finished.
Add fresh chopped basil. Stir to combine. Serve and enjoy!
咖啡馆苏克雷法克is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. The Amazon Affiliate Program is designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but if you make a purchase through one of our links, we receive a small commission – and we continue delivering delicious recipes to you!