This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, see our隐私政策.
If you’ve got some entertaining coming up or you just want to make life a little healthier and more delicious, I suggest that you shake up a batch of this Honey-Cider Poppy Seed Dressing and keep the ingredients for this beautiful Cranberry Clementine Arugula Salad on hand.
A versatile, mix and match salad
I love that this salad is so versatile and can be easy enough to throw together on a busy day. TheHoney-Cider Dressing（如下图所示）只需不到5分钟就可以完成，你可以用芝麻菜、切成片的克莱门汀、干蔓越莓和一些切成薄片的红洋葱来保持沙拉的超级简单。或者你可以把石榴皮（种子）、黄油烤和蜜饯培根放进去，让它变得非常美味。
Candied bacon? Yes! If you look up the definition of candied bacon, it’s probably going to say something about bacon that’s baked with a brown sugar coating until it’s crisp and amazingly delicious. Actually, it probably will say something like “drop-dead delicious”.
There are lots of different recipes for candied bacon. I use thisMaple Mustard Candied Baconfor my Cranberry Clementine Arugula Salad. It can be made a few days in advance and then warmed a bit in the microwave or on the stovetop. Trust me, this salad will bring rave reviews when kept simple, but if you have the time to make the candied bacon, it takes this salad to nirvana status.
I used to be super intimidated by pomegranates. The whole technique of removing the ruby red seeds from the pomegranate itself seemed too complicated and messy. If I really wanted to use this beautiful fruit in a recipe, I’d break the bank and buy the seeds (already removed) at the grocery store. Then I discovered an easy technique and was so thrilled with it that I wrote a post about it.
If you want to learn this super method, check out this post:The Easy Way to Remove Pomegranate Seeds. 你也不会再被这种美味健康的冬季水果吓倒了！
I’ve been making this Cranberry Clementine Arugula salad for several weeks now, ever since I first spotted clementines at the market. I’ve made it simple, fancy and in-between and we haven’t grown tired of it. It’s a delicious side with simple entreés like grilled chicken or roasted pork tenderloin and we also love it as a whole meal salad with a mound of shredded rotisserie chicken in the center.
I know this salad will be a holiday favorite around our table. I love that it’s indulgent, yet decently healthy at the same time. Try it, I think you’ll agree, it’s a winner!
- Larger grocery stores usually carry several different brands of arugula. Look the bags (or boxes) over carefully and choose one with the smallest, freshest leaves. Arugula with smaller leaves is sweeter and more tender.
- As I stated above, make this salad as simple or fancy as you have the time for. A pretty bowl of arugula with just the dried clementines, cranberries and a drizzle of the dressing is super delicious.
- Although this salad recipe has a number of components, it can easily be prepped ahead:
- 培根可以预先制造一天或两天，并在微波或炉灶中加热。看看candied bacon postfor instructions on warming.
- De-seed your pomegranate arils and store them in the refrigerator. This can be done several days in advance too.
- The clementines can be peeled, sliced and stored in the refrigerator several hours ahead.
- 我喜欢把这个色拉放在盘子里shallow white bowllike the ones below to show off the beautiful ingredients.
如果你喜欢这道菜,请回来和leave a star rating and review! It’s so helpful to other readers to hear other’s results and ideas for variations.
This Cranberry Clementine Arugula Salad also includes butter-toasted pecans, candied bacon, ruby-red pomegranate seeds and a delicious Honey-Cider Dressing.
- ⅓杯子sweetened dried cranberries
- ½杯子boiling water
- ¼teaspoonkosher salt
- 三克莱门汀peeled, halved and sliced in 1/4-inch slices
- 半个小红洋葱peeled and thinly sliced (optional)
Place the cranberries in a small bowl. Pour the boiling water over and allow to soak for 3-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Top with pomegranate arils, pecans and 1/4-1/3 cup of candied bacon. Serve and enjoy!