This beautiful Blueberry Arugula Herb Salad is super healthy and probably the freshest, most delicious salad that you’ll ever have the pleasure of meeting… or eating! It’s perfect for a crowd, great forparties, potlucks and picnics!
I love to have a signature, “go-to” salad for each season and I’ve already decided that this Blueberry Arugula Herb Salad will be my Spring/Summer 2021 salad. It feeds a crowd, so it will be great for get-togethers with family and friends, potlucks, picnics, parties… (All those events we sadly missed last year!)
What kind of herbs should I use?
This Blueberry Arugula Herb Salad calls for 2½ cups of fresh herbs. I used basil, cilantro, dill, mint, Italian parsley and tarragon (only because I had all those herbs leftover from Steve’s salad). Feel free to use as many or as few varieties as you’d like. Pick one or a few of your favorite herbs or the herbs you have on hand.
我们在Trug中成长了丰富的草药，因为它被放置在我们院子里的一个阳光明媚的地区。还有一个cold frameavailable to keep the herbs growing in the cooler months.
The Honey Mustard Lemon Dressing for this salad is fresh, sweet and tangy and is super easy to put together. Simply combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, whole grain dijon mustard, a splash of lemon juice and salt/pepper in a mason jar and shake, shake, shake. That’s it! I like this dressing so much that I make a double batch as it’s delicious on all sorts of other salads too.
If you haven’t tried our Easy Candied Pecans, you’re missing out on something incredibly delicious and, as the name implies, SO easy to make. Just in case you don’t believe that these fabulous pecans could really be that easy, we’ve created a video to demonstrate just that:
These candied pecans add a delicious crunch and gourmet touch to this Blueberry Arugula Herb Salad and are also great for gifting (there’s a pretty free label available), snacking and can be served as a cocktail nibble.
Cafe Tips for making this Blueberry Arugula Herb Salad
- Do take the time to use the “quick pickle” technique for the red onions given in the recipe. You’ll need to plan ahead a bit as it will take at least 30-45 minutes for the onions to transform from ordinary to a beautiful magenta hue. It looks fancy, but it simply involves slicing the onions then placing them in a jar with vinegar, water and a bit of sugar. Shake well and then let the vinegar do the magic!
- 腌红onions can be made up to 24 hours in advance. The longer they sit in the vinegar solution, the more vibrant the color becomes!
- As mentioned above, feel free to use any herb or combination of herbs in this salad. If your herb garden is in full swing, go crazy! But it will also be delicious with just basil, just cilantro, etc.
- 敷料recipe will probably make more than you need for this Blueberry Arugula Herb Salad, but it’s great for just about any salad with greens and is also delicious drizzled over grilled chicken, shrimp, pork…
- This salad is delicious with crumbled goat cheese, but not every loves goat cheese so I like to serve it on the side with the dressing so guests can help themselves, as desired.
- For a decorative presentation, run a fork down the sides of the cucumber before slicing. It makes them look really pretty, almost like flowers.
- I used a small amount of torn radicchio in my salad as I love the flavor and pretty color it adds. Radicchio is commonly used in Italian cuisine and has a slightly bitter, delicately spicy flavor. It can be difficult to find, so feel free to omit it. If you enjoy radicchio, however, it is a delightful and beautiful addition, so take the time to seek it out.
- Feel free to omit the pansies or use another type of edible flower. Common edible flowers are chives, leek and garlic flowers, Nasturtiums, Marigolds, Honeysuckle, Chamomile, Day Lily and squash blossoms.
Thought for the day:
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
What we’re listening to for inspiration:
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and leave a star rating and review! It’s so helpful to other readers to hear your results, adaptations and ideas for variations.
- 1small red onionhalved and sliced into thin slivers
- ½cupextra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoongrainy Dijon mustard
- ½teaspoonkosher salt
- ¼teaspoonfresh ground black pepper
- 5盎司baby arugula
- 2½.cupsfresh herb leaves
- ½small head radicchio撕成咬块（可选）
- ½medium seedless cucumberusually plastic-wrapped
- 1cupfresh blueberries
- ¼cupEasy Candied Pecansor to taste
- ¼cupcrumbled goat cheeseoptional
Combine all ingredients in a medium-size glass jar and shake well. Let the jar sit at room temperature, giving the jar a shake every now and then, for at least 30 minutes. The onions can also be made 24 hours in advance and refrigerated. The longer they sit in the vinegar solution, the more vibrant the color becomes. Drain the onion slivers well before adding to the salad.
Combine all ingredients in a medium-size glass jar and shake, shake, shake! That’s it. Dressing can be kept at room temperature for several hours then refrigerate for longer storage. Shake again before serving.
Combine all ingredients except for the blueberries, candied pecans, goat cheese and pansies (if using) in a large bowl and gently toss. Top with blueberries, candied pecans, goat cheese and pansies (if using). Serve the dressing on the side.
Nutritional information does include the goat cheese, but not the Candied Pecans. See那个帖子for its nutrition.